Pages

Welcome to my Amateur Food Blog

Welcome to my Amateur Food Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gyudon (Beef Teriyaki Rice)

I am not updating my blog page as I ought to. Procrastinating act from me! As mentioned in the previous post, the teriyaki sauce that I learnt to make from the Manga University Cook Show, can be used to make a nice bowl of gyudon.

I followed the steps as taught on Cooking with the Dog.

The portion is for about 1 to 2 persons.

Ingredients:

1) 100 grams of beef cube, slice thinly (use more if you prefer a higher protein diet).
2) 1/2 cup of home-made teriyaki sauce
3) One medium size yellow onion (cut to thin slices)
4) 1/2 tsp of sugar
5) 1/2 tsp of chicken granulated stock
6) 1/2 tsp of grated ginger
7) 2 par-boiled eggs
8) chopped spring onions.
9) 1/2 cup of water

It's easier to slice the frozen beef when it has thawed to a stage where it's still hard but relatively easy to cut thru.

I think this is a very easy to cook meal, sweet and delicious. The teriyaki sauce can be made before hand and stored in a container to keep in the fridge. With the use of one sauce, it allows you to come out with a variety of dishes.

Our delicious dinner

No comments: