Pages

Welcome to my Amateur Food Blog

Welcome to my Amateur Food Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Garlic Butter Prawn

I asked my mum recently if there is a easy way to cook delicious prawn. She told me that just using salt, pepper and garlic will produce very savory pan-fry prawns. Something similar to what people normally do in a BBQ.

I decided to add an extra ingredient today. BUTTER!

Savoury Butter Garlic Prawns 


Recipe:

1) 6 Prawns ( I still do not know how to identify the different types.)
2) Salt
3) 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
4) Thumb size of butter.

The first step: Clean the prawns. Trimmed away the sharp antenna on the prawn head, and pull out the legs. Take a knife and slice a small opening near the tail, insert a toothpick and try to dig out all the disgusting veins or prawn poo. I am still having difficulty removing the veins with the shell intact.

Second step:  The "exfoliation phase" with salt. Rinse with water.

Third step: Pat dry the prawn with kitchen towel before sprinkling a dash of salt on the prawns and black pepper  on both sides.

Fourth step: Cooking Time! Put the butter in the no-stick wok before firing it up. Once the pan is hot, add the chopped garlic in to stir-fry till fragrant. Add in the prawns. Stir fry the prawns on both sides till a little charred.

Fifth Step: Serve! Enjoy it with Beer! :)

No comments: