Pages

Welcome to my Amateur Food Blog

Welcome to my Amateur Food Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Third Attempt Making Basic Sweet Bun (Using Water-Roux this time)


I have tried to make a sweet dough bun on two other occasions. But on both occasions, the buns didn't turn out to be those soft and fluffy type. 

I did some searching on internet and found cornercafe which talked about this method called water roux. I tried his recipe, and my buns turned out to be very soft and delicious. 

I still do not know why my first two attempts failed me, the bread was very dense. The picture above shows the bun made from my second attempt. It was hard and dense. It looks more like a Baguette.

The pictures below are shots taken during my third attempt. 






It certainly taste very good. I would need to make a few more times before I move into putting fillings such as red bean paste into it. Yeah!! :)

No comments: